Welcome to Gazu’s documentation!¶
Gazu is a Python client for the Kitsu API. It allows fetching easily your CG production data. More than giving access to data, it allows performing operations on it like marking a task as started or setting a thumbnail on a shot.
NB: It requires an up and running instance of the Kitsu API to run properly.
Who is it for?¶
The audience for this Python client is Technical Artists, Technical Directors and Software Engineers from CG studios. With Gazu they can augment their tools with the CG production data.
Here is a non exhaustive list of use cases that allows Gazu:
- Make sure that every artist workstations are on the same page when dealing with the file system.
- Build a todo list for artists of the project.
- Get working file paths and output file paths for a given task.
- Get next available working revision for a given task.
- Manage automatic validition changes.
Projects based on Gazu¶
Our community built open-source tools to connect your CG tools to your Kitsu instance. They are listed below: